Twentynine Palms Historical Society
29 Palms, California
29 Palms Annual Weed ShowSM
November 5 and 6, 2022
29 Palms' oldest and most unique tradition now in its 82nd year!
We are pleased to present the 2022 Weed Show:
A Wonderful Weekend In "29"
This year's Weed Show will be open to the public from
noon to 4:00 p.m. on Sat (Nov. 5) and 10 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Sun (Nov. 6).
2022 WEED SHOW CATEGORIES
Category 1 – Super Bloom – Is an arrangement using museum quality sun-purple glass with fresh plant material only, not necessarily native plants.
Category 2 – Purple Mountain Majesty – Composition using broken or imperfect sun-purple glass as an accessory.
Category 3 – A Desert Gem – Miniature 3"x3"x3" overall composition using a gem as an accessory.
Category 4 – Rock Hound – Miniature 6"x6"x6" overall composition using a rock as an accessory.
Category 5 – Weekend Miners – Composition using anything mining related.
Category 6 – Take a Hike – Composition to include, "rusted, busted, or dusted" souvenirs you may bring back from a hike in the desert.
Category 7 – Mural Tour – Composition using anything related to or depicted in one or more of 29 Palms Murals.
Category 8 – Open Spaces – Composition using one or more items that open something. Such as a doorknob, key, lock, can opener, etc.
Category 9 – Desert Hideaway – Composition using weathered wood.
Category 10 – Where the "HECK" is 29 – Composition using something that gives direction. Such as a compass, map, sign, etc.
Category 11 – Weekend Fun – This is ANYTHING goes Composition. Use any accessory you like. Maximum size, height, and weight do APPLY!
Category 12 – Little Sandbox – This category is only for children 12 years and younger, using their imagination.
Category 13 – Big Sandbox – Oversize Composition that exceeds the weight or size rules. All oversize entries will be displayed outside for the duration of the Weed Show.
RULES FOR ENTERING THE 2022 WEED SHOW
Please read the rules carefully.
1. You can only have ONE entry per category.
2. Museum Quality Glass: means it is flawless glass which has turned purple by the sun.
3. Category 1 is an arrangement with fresh or native plant material only, in a museum quality sun purple glass.
4. Categories 2 -13, are compositions which may include fresh desert plant material along with dried desert plant material in its natural state, no paint or varnish allowed.
5. Each entry MUST have an accessory to fit the category, as indicated in the category descriptions.
6. The maximum size for entries in (categories 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, & 12) is 20" x 16" and no more than 24" high with a maximum weight limit of 10lbs. Larger and heavier entries will automatically be placed in Category 13.
7. No live or dead animal or bird parts are allowed. Including any type of feathers.
8. Minimal use of adhesives is allowed. Part of the judging will be on the discreet use of ALL adhesives.
9. Due to not knowing how many entries may come in, "Your entry must be stable enough to be moved." A solid base is highly recommended. Construction paper or mat board may be used to complement your entry.
10. Entries must be brought to the museum between the hours of 4:00p.m. to 7:00p.m. on Friday, November 4th or Saturday, November 5th from 7:00 to 9:00a.m. NO Late Entries will be accepted. Everything must be assembled and in place by 9:15a.m. NO EXCEPTIONS. Judging is from 9:30a.m. to noon on Saturday.
11. The Weed Show is open to the public on Saturday (Nov 5th) from noon to 4:00p.m. and on Sunday (Nov 6th) from 10:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.
12. Entries must be picked up Nov 6th from 4:15p.m. to 5:00p.m. NO EARLY PICKUPS WILL BE ALLOWED! If you have someone else picking up your entries, make sure the Weed Show Committee is notified.
13. The Twentynine Palms Historical Society is not responsible for lost, damaged, or unclaimed entries.
Please forward this page to any folks you may know who might be interested in attending or entering the weed show. All are welcome.
Please support our
Get Involved | Young Historian | Board of Directors | Research | O.S.H. Journal | School Tours | Events Calendar | Lectures | Weed ShowSM | Old Timers Gathering | Historic Sites | Hastie Bus | Generations | Homesteaders | Engraved Bricks | Displays | Gift Shop | President's Message | Articles | Photos | Links | Contact Us | Site Map
© 2008-2022 Twentynine Palms Historical Society. All rights reserved. Web hosting contributed by LazyPalm.com